Sunday 1 December 2013

Stashalong Archive: Hi All

Hi All 


I missed the deadline to participate in the July KAL, but that is probably a good thing since I currently have 2 projects on the needles that I really want to work on. The first is the sweater I posted about earlier in June. It's the split-t pattern from Knitting Pure and Simple. I'm using Classic Elite Renaissance yarn, which I just love...so soft and knits up like a dream. I only hope it wears well :-) The picture is a bit dark and really doesn't serve it justice, but it's a wonderful dark plum color.



I also started a summer sweater for myself. I typically don't knit for myself so to have two sweaters going on for ME is so unusual. I subscribe to Knitting Daily by Interweave Press and was smitten by one of the free patterns they posted...Tomato by Wendy Bernard (of the great blog Knit and Tonic). Last weekend we found ourselves in Asheville at a wonderful yarn shop in the Biltmore Village that had Blue Sky Alpacas cotton in stock. I rarely use the yarn called for in a pattern, since I am working from stash and am also trying to be careful about pricey yarn purchases. But this was so incredibly soft...I had to have it and cast on as soon as I could. So, I used my free day to purchase it and some 1/2 off Debbie Bliss for some future unknown project for my daughter. I haven't gotten too far, but I'm trying to work on both of the sweaters.

We are crazy busy this month, but my goal is to try and finish the split-T, or get pretty darn close to finished. I'd also like to make a bit of progress on Tomato too. We do have a long road trip scheduled for later this month, so I might get some good knitting time in that weekend.
Happy knitting and enjoy the holiday. Cheers :-) Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment